Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Knitted Coat Hangers 2






I can't believe how quickly the month of March has flown by. Mum has spent this month with me so I have not worked that much. Sadly she is going home on Sunday after Narelle's wedding on Saturday.
We will all be sorry to see her go and hope to have her back in another few months.
Mum never has nothing in her hands, so among other things she has been making covered coat hangers, once I would have hated these but now I love them, there is something about the individuality of each one. They are the best thing to hang clothing on as nothing slips off, and no marks left on your clothing. Wool has been found at the market and donated by Kate and Frankie.
Thanks girls.
We still have a few more to sew up but you can never have too many.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes yes yes!! I do love these. Being a craft misfit, I never knew how these were made - what a great post, and I LOVE the end result. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like them too Lexi, we put batting on the hanger first before sewing along the knitted strip to give them a bit more fullness.
    L

    ReplyDelete