Saturday, November 13, 2010

Harvest Textiles Advanced Screen Print Class




Today I spent an enjoyable day with Lara Davies from Harvest Textiles. I would highly recommend her classes to anyone wishing to learn how to screen print your own designs. Earlier in the year I learned the basics, so this was one step on. The design I was inspired by is an old French wallpaper designed by Marie Laurencin in the Art Deco period.
Spot the difference! I learned a very good lesson on how not to reverse the screens. Luckily I still liked the result.
Lara is a wonderful teacher that has a very quiet informative teaching method. It was a lovely way to spend a wet Melbourne day.
They are moving to Brunswick next week and are leaving their old home at the Ink and Spindle studio.
See the link on my sidebar to see some more of their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment